Are you looking for a new purpose now that your kids are older?
You are not alone. 💖
Many midlife women find the empty nest - or soon to be empty nest - season difficult as so much of our time, energy and identity has been wrapped up with our kids.
II you've been a stay-at-home mom, when the kids leave home it can make you feel like you've been fired!
These feelings can lead you to feel like you are having a midlife crisis. But they don't have to...
Let's rewrite your midlife story.
Midlife can be one of the happiest times of your life since you can pursue your own passions for the first time in years.
You can manifest joy, purpose & wealth and create a life you LOVE by doing things differently in this new season!
Your life is far from set and you can make major changes in midlife. You can:
- Go back to school
- Find a new career
- Start your own business
- Start a foundation
- Go back to work
Midlife is the perfect time to pursue your dreams!
But what if you don't know what you want to do?
Or what if you don't know how to get started?
I've got your back.
You don't have to make your midlife changes alone.
Back to Werk is an online coaching container for midlife women looking for support in finding new purpose and vocation.
Ummm, is that a typo? Shouldn't it be Back to Work?
Nope, because I know so many midlife women for whom work is a four letter word.
- Work is the thing that gets in the way of having a lovely life (you don't hear of people seeking fun/life balance!)
- Work is the thing they feel guilty about doing too much of or not doing at all
- Or, in the case of the at-home moms in my suburb: work is the thing their friends have to go back to when they divorce or the husband loses his job 😱
Over the pandemic, I watched a lot of RuPaul's Drag Race and I loved the notion of Werk. It's work, but with moxy. And connotes inspired action more than Monday to Friday drudgery. There are lots of definitions but I see it as:
WERK: Werk/work |wərk| verb. Using inspired action to create the life of your dreams.
Even if you have no financial need to work, I'd urge you to consider work since finding a vocation you love is a major key to happiness.
Why I Created this Program
I designed this program after attending a back to work career onboarding program for former at-home moms at a local university. The program made me LOSE confidence in my abilities and had me convinced I'd be lucky to have an opportunity to overwork in a lesser role than the one I'd left at a reduced salary in order to create shareholder value for others since my skills were so rusty. 😡 I was given the impression that we had to wait to be chosen and were not in the position of choosing. When I had a lot of questions during one job interview, they seemed shocked.
If it weren't for a career coach who whispered that I should run far far away and start my own thing, I'd probably be languishing away in some cubicle terrified to ask for a raise in case they noticed my grey hair!
I want to help midlife women move forward into the next season with confidence, whether that into a job, entrepreneurship or into the philanthropic world. If you don't know your own worth going into a new season, it can be hard to course correct, so I want you to feel as good about yourself and your skills as possible. It does not matter how good your resume or pitch deck or business plan is if you don't value yourself and what you have to offer.
This biggest takeaway of this program is confidence.
This program will help you:
- Identify your natural strengths and interests using personality typing assessments
- Discover the skills and talents you have that the world needs now
- Raise your confidence in your innate gifts through coaching tools and a supportive container
- Tackle the money, confidence and relationship blocks that get in the way of finding work, running a business or being a good steward of your wealth
- Learn how to use your money language so you can have more powerful conversations about earning, saving, spending, investing and gifting
- Learn techniques for finding a job, business idea, or cause to support that makes you feel excited as excited for Monday mornings as you do for Saturday afternoons
What you get:
- Six week live online coaching over Zoom (recorded if you can't make the live call)
- Back to Werk Workbook
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, Pearson-Marr Type Indicator & Career Interest Profiler Assessment and Reports
- Weekly group Q&A sessions over Zoom
- Online community to share ideas
This program is perfect for you if:
- You want to find a purpose that makes you feel excited to start each morning.
- You want to find an identity outside of being a mom or wife
- You want to find a job that give your more satisfaction
- You'd like to earn money but are allergic to hustle culture and burnout
- You'd like to do something new and would like a supportive container with like-minded women.
- You want to clear blocks that are holding you back from the success you desire